It's been a while, but we had holidays
We present you our next time-based release. Despite holidays in the middle
we’ve managed to make 69 commits of bugfixes, updates and most importantly
stability plus speedups for the Indexer application.
Using the address indexer should now sync significantly faster. We also tested specially with PostgreSQL, and optimized various actions when we detect usage of Postgres.
Effort has gone towards making the libraries re-usable for new applications and we have a new app in beta on gitlab; bitcore-proxy.
As a major update we now ship Docker images for most of our products, which can be found on the docker registry.
Just deploying an existing application on Docker was not enough for the Flowee dev, it has to actually integrate in existing, well established, methods and practices that Docker users expect.
We added environment variables to configure your Docker containers, for instance you can now start a testing setup with
docker volume create flowee_hub_data docker run -d -v flowee_hub_data:/data -p 1235:1235 \ -e FLOWEE_NETWORK=regtest \ -e FLOWEE_LOGLEVEL=info flowee/hub
Please see the specific Docker pages for a full explanation: hub, indexer and pos-cli (point-of-sale commandline app).
- Fix corner-case where the UTXO DB in rare cases could not be loaded.
- Cleanup the logging at shutdown.
- Removed the fee-estimator from the mempool code, which removed almost 1500 lines of code.
- [API] Add double-spend notifications to the address monitor.
- Waste less bandwidth when catching up to the chain.
All applications (shared libraries)
- Add support for listening on address ‘0.0.0.0’, which implies listening on all interfaces.
- Fix CMake dependency issue.
- Add a good amount of new auto-tests, specifically testing the APIs, but also for details like hash-comparisons.
- Add logging output of failures found in the logging config.
- Avoid DNS round trip when user passes in an API address. Just try to parse it immediately.
- Fix dependencies of libraries, allow the flowee-utils library to be used without openssl.
- Re-architect the indexer application to move each indexer to its own thread.
- Add specialized SQL statements for Postgres for various actions which gains a very decent amount of speed.
- Fix config issue where commandline and config file prio were confused.
- Listen for requests on localhost when no config file present.